Thursday, October 2, 2008

the beat goes on...

.
Hello. It's 11:11... make a wish. I typed this up earlier this afternoon and then saved it so i could post it during The Wishing Hour for your benefit.... then I forgot and now it's technically 11:57. But you're welcome.

my wish: **** *******


HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK
  • I got a car today! It's a silver Mazda and has two cigarette lighters and velour seats... every girl's dream. My old car was a Nissan Sentra with a jammed cd player and the handle of the back door cracked off. The alarm was broken, too, so whenever you pushed the Lock button twice, it would go off indefinitely. Christie would always secretly push it when I was driving with the music loud and I would never hear the alarm blaring until about 4 minutes worth of offensive looks from pedestrians registered. Moral of the story, The Maz is an upgrade.
(enroute to pick up the new car)
Me: Dad, Grandma keeps forwarding me emails about Obama being the Antichrist. Make her stop.
Dad: Obama is not the Antichrist. If anything he is the second coming of the Antichrist.
Me: What? The Antichrist hasn't come yet.
Dad: Then please explain to me Howard Stern.


Alright so here are a few things I did this week that you should do too should you decide to attend Point Loma Nazarene University:

KITE FLYING IN BALBOA PARK
Balboa Park is huge and gorgeous and there are loads of things to do there. Examples: crash weddings, go to one of the many museums (every Tuesday there's free entrance to a handful of them; they change each week), acquire athlete's foot by getting in the fountains, walk through the botanical gardens, watch magicians and musicians and armless people play guitar with their feet. Quite a feat. The activity of choice this week was Kite Flying, with a side order of swinging and grass sitting.

And so it happened that Jen, Jamie, Joe, Joe's friend whose name I can't remember but I think was either Travis Derek or Dexter, and I headed out to a tree-free zone and began running the kite. It got up a few times but the winds were not in our favor so instead Joe took a swing away from a baby.









MIDNIGHT BIRTHDAY PARTIES IN SECRET HIDEOUTS
One of my greatest friends, Kelsey Masters (not my roommmate Kelsey), turned 21 the day before yesterday so we celebrated. We blindfolded her at 11:59 with Christie's hideous "better sleep eye mask" and brought her to our secret hideout. We had sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses, but I stepped on 2 of them before Kelsey even got there so we had to share. (Just in case you aren't familiar with the Point Loma Covenent, there is a strict no-drinking policy, both on campus and off. Just say no.) We also stuck candles in a brownie we bought at Vons... Wait what, I mean one we baked... but right in the middle of the ceremony an RA found us and busted us for being a fire hazard. She was extremely nice about it, though. Anyway then I ran inside and grabbed a lamp and that was almost the same as candlelight. Except for considerably less candle-like and quite a bit more lamp-like.

It was exactly like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, though, because we all bonded by lamp light and lounged on pillows and had a huge dance party with my mini boom box. It was so fun and friendshippy. View:









things get ugly. suitcase to the spine




SWIMMING AT HOTEL POOLS (WITH PERMISSION)
Sometimes if you ask the security guards at hotels on Shelter Island (a strip of land very close to Point Loma that has lots of hotels and is surrounded by water. This is also a common location for bonfires), they will let you use their swimming pools and hot tubs. We played pool games, namely Spider and Race. Spider is very complex, but it chiefly involves swimming under your opponent's legs into the corner of the pool without brushing up against him or her. Race involves swimming quickly in an attempt to get to the other side of the pool first... I am told this game is fairly standard.

Good times were had by all and we finished off the evening at Taco Tuesday. $1.25 fish tacos at Rubios every Tuesday. In the olden days they were only 1.00 flat, but times have changed. I blame the economy. Unrelatedly, the economy is also responsible for the alleged 12% I received on my Christian Tradition test (stand by for confirmation of that).


Swimming at Kona Kai


Sunset at Kona Kai


That's all for now folks, but please stay tuned. Until next time,

Kris-10



coming soon

Post-Chapel Caf Lane Fashion Report

.