Monday, October 13, 2008

not under construction

.
Good evening you little devils,
Where to begin. I'm at The Living Room (a cozy mismatchy coffee shop in an old 2-story house where lots of people study in yellow velvet armchairs, etc.) trying to "do work son" as they say. I came to read my Management book but I didn't bring my Management book so it's proving more difficult than I'd hoped. Therefore... an update:

Here's what I've been doing:



CLIFF JUMPING
On your way from Point Loma to Ocean Beach you will end up driving along Sunset Cliffs Blvd (unless you're a freshman......... HA HA). There are four little jut-outs where you can pull off the road and stand on the cliffs staring at the ocean... or park your car on the cliffs and use it as a place to eat your Chipotle burrito bowl alone because you were too embarrassed to sit inside at a table by yourself. Once again, that is not specific to me. I've heard people say that's what they use it for. But regardless, at high tide there is a perfect place to cliff jump. Park at the first jut-out you pass on your way into OB, climb over the guard rail, and dive bomb it.

Saturday morning after breakfast at the Old Townhouse, we spontaneously decided to do it (hence the clothes-wearing). IT'S SO FUN... but it ended with blood. Both Taylor and I wiped out climbing back up after our second jump and she gashed the heck out of her foot while I escaped with nothing but bruised pride and a stupid video of me saying "i fell" and sitting on the ground.

It's such a rush; you'd be surprised how long it feels like you're falling. Make sure the tide is high though... check it here. My freshman year I was ignorant enough to "jump first!" into approx. 2 feet of water. My toe almost cracked off.







DARE FORK
We started a new game in our apartment. It's called Dare Fork and it's pretty much the same as Truth or Dare but we only do dares and if you refuse to do one you have to pay 5 bucks. Whoever has The Fork (its plastic with "dare fork" written on it in blue sharpie) has the power to dare anyone to do anything. Kelsey had it first and dared me to wear a pregnant stomach the entire Friday night we spent downtown at dinner and shopping. We have a pillow the exact shape of a fetus so that dare was just begging to be dared.

Just to clarify, I realize this is the second entry in a row that I've both mentioned and posted a picture of me being pregnant. That is really weird. This is not a cry for help, nor is it a botched attempt at covering up my alleged pregnancy. If next week I post a picture of me wearing a "babydoll dress" and standing conveniently behind a brick wall, please report me.






PIRATE CAVE BONFIRE
This has been a dream of mine since I arrived at this school. The pirate cave is a huge cavern that isn't visible to the naked eye... unless you're looking at it... because in that case you can see it. What I mean is that it's hidden and involves either rock climbing or swimming to get to. I will not disclose the exact location of said cave because that can only be passed by word of mouth... but it IS on campus.

We built a fire in the cave and I brought my iHome and we danced to the music around the fire in the manner of pirates or gypsies. The week after Fall Break there will be another secret event in the cave which will be everything you've ever dreamed of... and more if I can swing it. Talk to me or comment if you want the secret details.







A BRIEF SHOUT OUT TO MY ACTUAL SCHOOLWORK
As you know, I am a Fashion Merchandising Major. One of the classes required of me is Visual Presentation and Display... this is basically Window Display Class. It's so fun: My most recent project was to design a 360 degree seasonal display for the product of my choice. My product was Starbucks Coffee and my season was Spring. Here is my final product:


coffee grounds as soil, starbucks straws as stems




Now here are a few featurettes I've been considering making a part of my repertoire. I have no idea if this is how you would use the word 'repertoire' in a sentence... Another word that falls into this category: Prerogative.


Lookalike of the Week:





Info Booth White Board Art Showcase
by:
rarely can a person of his build organically achieve that level of multiple chin without trying... props Silbs.




Picture of Christie Falling Asleep With Her Laptop Slicing Her Neck... of the Day
(there is no shortage of these)





Close Ups of People Who Have the Fullest Beard on Campus and Vaguely Look Like Jesus
(this will never not be Joe (my info booth boss and friend))




Sincerely,
KRIS-(480 - 470)


COMING SOON
Grand Canyon Road Trip
Another Video
.