Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Caf Lane: The Fashion Experience

.
For those not well versed in the ways of Point Loma:

The 3 separate half hour periods of time between the end of chapel at 10:30 and the beginning of the 11:00 class slot collectively create the best hour.5 of every students' week (note: this is a generalization). The Nazarene boys and girls spill out of chapel and onto Caf Lane (a little brick pedestrian-only street that runs through the middle of campus by the cafeteria and the commons) where they mingle, soak up the sun, and sneakily look at each other's outfits and then snap their heads to attention when the person catches them looking. At least I think that's what everyone does... but that's not what I do. I've never done that, to clarify. Anyway, if you're ever planning on meeting your husband, ladies, this is where you're going to have to do it. And it is for that reason that the Loman men and women don their Monday Wednesday Friday Best and step out on the bricks to see and be seen. So please have a seat, or stay seated... since I know for a fact you're already sitting at a computer, and join me for some nonjudgmental fashion judgment.






Top, Left to Right:
  • Bri sports Ray Bans and a vintage cross-body bag.
  • Peter tries to give the illusion of wearing a V-neck... he was ignorant enough to wear a crew neck.
  • BT in a Flannel... (inside scoop: she told me in confidence that she wore that shirt 4 days in a row. BUSTED)
  • Joey wears lace ups and a V-neck, the default outfit of Loman men at large
  • Jen: "Don't take a picture of me" Thwarted.
  • Taylor and Jeff are one of the hot couples on campus. Notice the 3 fingers poking out from Taylor's arm. It's hard to see, but they are in fact embracing.


Bottom, Left to Right:
  • My roommate Kelsey in a vest which, contrary to public opinion, does not belong to me. I wear it more than she does. Lookin good Kels.
  • Chris looking sunny in a mank top. (man tank top)
  • Tracy and a pregnant me (wait that is seriously impressive... I hadnt even eaten yet). Tracy wanted me to tell everyone that she is currently "single and ready to mingle, and looking for someone to hold her tighter than her high waisted shorts."
  • Garreth sports a V-neck, oxford shoes, and hair.
  • BT changes midway through the half hour and emerges in a glamorous Aerobics ensemble
  • Emmaline with skinny jeans and cool shades. If only her shirt was black... it would like she was wearing a jumpsuit.



I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with a less superficial entry.
We're driving to the Grand Canyon tonight so wish me luck in the infinite abyss.

Yours Truly,
Kristen
.