Monday, January 18, 2010

I’m back

Foreward by the author:

I've been home from abroad now for nearly a month and have battled my way through a small bouquet of hardships: a crashed hard drive, a relaxing case of mono, a devastating shortage of iCarly re-runs , the news that I'm getting braces again aka will never be popular, and a coming-of-age style realization that high school marching band doesn't give me the right to call myself "athletic" 5 years later. Having survived, am I stronger? No, not at all… I'm still impressively lazy and have the muscle definition of a weak cat. With that said, welcome to the jungle…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY! It's been a long time people... "my bad." It's cute of me to claim to be a blogger when I post exactly 5 times in the span of 6 months. Anyway, brushing that off, I've moved back on campus and am now bravely smiling down the tunnel of my final collegiate semester. Semester at Sea was like a dream; I can't get into that right now or I'll throw up on my laptop. Over the coming months I'll slip in posts about the final 5 countries which I never wrote about because I ran out of ship-board internet minutes. As I type, Southern California is poised at the beginning of a beautiful week of the worst storms in history. I'm very pleased. I simply adore going to class with wet hair without everyone assuming that it's back sweat down my shirt. Rain: The Great Equalizer. I look bad, you look bad. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for tales of mud sledding and freshmen hydroplaning down caf lane. It's a wonderful world.


Signing off,

Mantis (short for Refermantis. I'm trying to get this to take off.)