Friday, January 29, 2010

How dare you


I've got news. I just went for a run (not the news, but let's be real: it was avante garde of me) and when I came back I walked up to my apartment and saw that the furniture on our balcony was gone. "Oh how excellent," I thought, "We're getting pranked. I'm finally popular. I hope it's boys instead of the equally biceppy but not-as-willing-to-date-me Ally Beardsley." The door was locked. I pounded on it for 30 seconds and then peeked between the blinds, unearthing a robust woman with an asymmetrical bob standing frozen by my bedroom door, gazing at me with what I recognized as a thirst for my lifeblood. Armed robbery. I couldn't believe it. "HEY. HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE." She didn't move. I was already internally bleeding from my 3 laps around the track so after a minute-long stare down I retreated to the curb to await my roommates' return so they could do the dirty work: killing her.

Well anyway I'm bored of this charade, I'll cut to the chase... it was the wrong building. I swear to the heavens, the possibility of that didn't even occur to me, proving, ipso facto, physical exercise impairs knowledge retention. Someone do a study on that quick and get a recall on Stairmasters before someone gets hurt. Anyway I've been doing loads of fun things lately but I'm waiting on pictures to prove it. I'll be back soon.

Anatomically Correctly,
Mantis Refermat


p.s. Below is a little photographic taste of recent madness. Oh wait really quick that reminds me… One day on SAS I was checking out a library book and, when asked my surname by the librarian, said 'Refermat.' Some vegetarian (On a separate occasion I'd overheard him remark that beans were his only source of protein. I made some inferences.) poked his head out of the stacks and said "I have that movie." I was skeptical. We talked it out and all confusion was brought to rest: he'd thought I said "Reefer Madness: The Musical."