Wednesday, September 24, 2008

and so it continues

Hi again. With the pressure of The First Entry lifted, I feel comfortable enough to speak with you freely. I'm Kristen and I'm a junior in the Fashion Merchandising program at Point Loma. I'll take this opportunity to make myself look legitimate. Here are a few things you should know:
  • I grew up in Rancho Bernardo (30 minutes away from Point Loma) where I played the baritone in the high school marching band and went camping with my Girl Scout troop (TROOP 8113 REPRESENT) until I graduated.
  • I know for a fact that Harry Potter isn't in any way connected to Satan and neither is Ron. Snape I won't vouch for, but I wish him the best.
  • I spent last semester studying abroad in Rome and it changed my life. I wasn't actually very cool before I left and now I completely am. Living in another country increased my legitimacy by at least 50%. I'll devote a blog to my Italian life one of these days so you can see what I mean.
  • I love adventures and I love life. My aunt gave me a journal with the lyrics to "I Hope You Dance" (the hit single by the renowned Leeann Womack) written inside and, although the tune of the song makes me actively nauseous, they are the words I live by. I always scream them at people when they're lying in bed or on the couch (or similar) and I'm trying to force them into doing something they don't want to do. "Seize the Day" would also work.
  • I am a direct descendant of Pocahontas. (the term 'direct' is used loosely here, but i am related)
  • I go to the best school on the planet. Point Loma is exactly like The O.C. except with all the trashy drunk nasty people cut out. So basically take the opening credits of that show and it looks like Point Loma. What I'm trying to say is that we're next to the ocean. More like on it. Practically in it.
I have a lot to say and I'm anxious to start saying it. This blog is not going to simply be a log of my grueling exam schedule and the daily Caf offerings (although the return of Pita Day will definitely make the cut, should that day arrive)... I have big plans for the semester. Dangerous plans. "You're only young once, but you can be immature forever"... just keep that in mind.

On Friday I work the Info Booth, which is a little desk inside Nicholson Commons where I sit and answer people's questions while "providing a sunny presence" as my boss Joe says. I get an average of 1 question per day and besides that my main responsibility is to write the weather report on the white board. I'll try to drop in and shoot the breeze with you from there since I'll probably (read: definitely) have some time on my hands. Until then...

Your new friend,
Kristen


P.S.
Here are a few pictures to give you a feel for things around here.


my roommate christie (left) and i autotiming ourselves on The Cliffs


Super Hero Bowling... school hosts this and its realllly fun. we're Rosie the Riveters (Rosies the Riveter... um...) and that's Michael Phelps on the right. green shirt is anyone's guess...


friends at Mission Beach. (i'm 3rd from the right, selfishly elbow blocking christie)


the nightly drive to Fiji Yogurt. my window is down...


my other roommate kelsey and i paint our kitchen table


midnight kickball on the soccer field


the funniest thing ive ever seen in my life


The Greek, our on-campus amphitheater


a view of my apartment. note the anti-lamp on the side table... its been so long now that we're deliberately refusing to put a bulb in it.


mustache TV. close but nope

.